Beginning SQL Server 2005 - First Sample SSRS
The easiest way to create a report in Report Designer is to use the Report Wizard. Like all wizards, the Report Wizard walks you through the process in step-by-step fashion. You can make the following choices in the wizard:
To create a simple report using the Report Project, follow these steps:
- Launch Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Select File > New >Project.
- Select the Business Intelligence Projects project type.
- Select the Report Server Project template.
- Name the new report ProductReport1 and pick a convenient location to save it in.
- Click OK.
- Add the Data Source to the Project,
- Add New Report
- Create the Data Set for the Report
- Display Data in the Table
- Select the Layout tab of the report.
- This tab will have the Toolbox, to add the different controls to report UI
- Add the table control to Report UI page
- Set the Dataset to table, by selecting the table Properties from the right click on the table control
- Here we also set the required Properties like, Displaying the Header and Footer rows values
- Set the Data Fields to Detail Row of the table
- Add Extra Columns to table
- Set the Color, Font and allign properties for each section (i.e. Header, Data, Footer)
- Select The Preview tab of the Report to View the Report